Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Under the Weather

I have so many things I want to write about this week, including, but not limited to, the following:

  • The Easter Vigil we attended, and some reflections on the gift of faith;
  • The connection between Global Warming alarmism and the radical population controllers;
  • The Motu Proprio: will it be issued soon? What will it mean for us?
  • Homeschoolers' answers to the question, 'Why not just put your kids in a Catholic school?'
  • A review of Crunchy Cons, which I plan to finish reading this week.
Unfortunately, I won't be writing any of these blog posts right away, as I'm a little under the weather.

It occurs to me (though maybe it's just the slight fever talking) that the phrase 'under the weather' is sometimes a particularly apt one. Could the little virus I've picked up have been somewhat facilitated by our drop from temperatures in the 70s and 80s before Holy Week to a high in the low 50s on Easter Sunday? Does this phrase contain a nugget of old wisdom, an observation that when the weather is misbehaving it may be easier than usual to end up under it?

Moms make their kids wrap up in cold weather; there are admonishments about wet feet or not wearing a hat. The implication is that sickness will result from the body's exposure to extreme conditions. Does it work the same way when the conditions aren't necessarily extreme, but extremely different from what they've been in the recent past?

In any case, so long as the weather's above me, my posts will make about as much sense as this one, so in the interest of all concerned I may just leave the serious topics alone for this week.

(At least this time I won't lose the list.)

1 comment:

AnnonyMouse said...

May God Bless you with a speedy recovery! Get some rest and of course....Chicken soup wouldn't hurt!

Happy Easter