Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Quick Bleg

Things at the Cardigan house are unusually busy today, so I only have this quick bleg to post. I've been considering whether or not God may be directing me to write a book of Catholic non-fiction. This doesn't mean I'm giving up fiction writing, but I know that realistically it may be some time before I find a publisher willing to publish subtly Catholic young adult science fiction, and in the meantime I've really enjoyed some dabbling in non-fiction writing, here and elsewhere.

I'd like to ask all my kind readers for any helpful comments they may have, and particularly for the answers to the following three questions:

1. Do you buy or read Catholic non-fiction books?

2. What Catholic topics are of most interest to you?

3. Do you prefer to read books that take a scholarly or philosophical approach to Catholic issues, or books that are friendly, conversational discussions of aspects of Catholic family living?

Thanks in advance to all who participate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are good questions.

1. Yes, I read Catholic non-fiction,

2. Mainly spirituality or church and politics.
I'd be interested in an overview of what are the different types of spirituality. For example, what is the difference between Carmelite spirituality, Ignatian, Benedictine, Dominican, etc.

3. Philosophical, but at the beginners level.

Hannah

freddy said...

1. Yes!
2. "How to get to Heaven with Lots of Laughs"
3. educate me, but don't let me know that you're educating me. Be sneaky!

opal formerly annonymouse said...

1. yes
2. It would be nice to read a book about the right/middle/left of the church. The cover could be a puritan looking woman pushing and shoving a hippie type man to the finish line.....title...Race to the finish! A serious look at Sedevacantis/Tradionalist/Liberal Catholics :0) Maybe that was too specific

4andcounting said...

1. Yes
2. Family life, evangelization, biography, prayer
3. What Freddy said, although a well-written deep philosophical book would have appeal too.

Hélène said...

I know I am late on this but I thought I would chime in:

1. Yes
2. I love books on Catholic family life or Catholic traditions. I also like books on specific prayer devotions or lives of the saints.
3.I agree w/ Freddy.

Ouiz said...

My answers are the same as 4andcounting....