Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Peek Inside Our Homeschool

I've written a couple of lengthy political posts this week, so I hope you'll pardon me if I take a little break from it. Today, I'm going to offer a little peek inside the Cardigan family homeschool, a little snapshot in time showing some of the things that have happened this week.

Kitten's math book, yesterday. Question: "An ant takes 1 and one fourth hours to crawl one block. How many blocks can the ant crawl in ten hours?" Kitten's first answer (before I laughed, but made her do the problem anyway): "It all depends on how far the ant can crawl before somebody sees him and squishes him."

Hatchick, this morning (a little anxiously) "I think we will have rain today. I keep seeing all those cumulative clouds."

Bookgirl's history notebook: "A pioneer is someone who settled in new lands. A frontier is the land the pioneers went to."

Kitten's history notebook: "I don't really think that the executive agreements go against the intentions of the writers of the Constitution. Because it's just a way to get out of Congress' approval. But still I don't want the president to use it as extra power for themselves."

Bookgirl's science notebook: Question: What determines if a planet is hot or cold? Bookgirl's answer: "It is if they are closer or farther from the sun."

And last, but not least, Hatchick's writing assignment:

If My Pig Were Real


If 'Porkypine' was a real pig

She and I would dance a jig!

Then we would eat figcake

And watch a pig tape.

If my pig was real we would

Have lots of fun we'd

Play and play till the day was done.

How are things at your homeschool this week? :)


2 comments:

Margaret in Minnesota said...

You can take a break from the political posts to show us a slice of your homeschooling life any time! Just don't stop the politicking altogether. ;)

Red Cardigan said...

Thanks, Margaret! :)