Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Potluck Wednesday, No Time To Post Edition

I'm rather busy this afternoon, so I hope you'll forgive me for the brevity of this post.

First, congratulations to Nicole on the birth of her fifth child! What a beautiful little girl!

Next, please keep Mark Shea in your prayers. He's battling a respiratory illness that just won't go away, like so many are just now.

If you'd like to go on a trip to Rome with Father Zuhlsdorf of WDTPRS, go here to let him know. If you'd love to go but could never afford it, like me, just pray for those who can! :)

If you missed this story from the Curt Jester, please read it. Then consider doing what I did--going to the website of the Diocese of Newark, which is the diocese where this paper is published, and sending an email to a diocesan department asking for the Diocese to issue a public clarification along the lines that Catholics in good standing may not dissent from major Church teachings, nor send them to religious education while planning to undermine that education in the home.

Finally, please pray for the repose of the soul of William F. Buckley. Whether I agreed or disagreed with the things he wrote, he was always thought-provoking; the conservative political world will miss him.


Anonymous said...

Newark, NJ? That is where I live and we are part of the Archdiocese of Newark. Where was this published? In the Advocate? Please let me know.

Red Cardigan said...

According to the online article, it was published in the Star-Ledger. But I believe the author lives in the Newark diocese.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's us. Thank you.