Friday, July 25, 2008

Before You Do Anything Else Today... this post. Excerpt:
"I speak to you not as a candidate for President, but as a citizen - a proud citizen of the United States, and a fellow citizen of the world." Barack Obama 7-24-08.

Is anyone else completely sick and tired of this "citizen of the world" garbage. Look, I'm in the world but I'm certainly not a citizen of the world. If I was I wouldn't know who to root for in the Olympics next month.

Hey, at least he's a citizen of this world. We're still trying to figure out where Dennis Kucinich came from.
Read the whole thing: it's golden. (One minor point, though, Matthew--did you really mean biretta wearing snobs? I thought only clergy members wore those.)


matthew archbold said...

You've discovered that I'm not infallible. I meant "beret." Thank you for pointing out my mistake TO THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!!!!

Red Cardigan said...

Oh, you give me way too much credit, Matthew. Unlike Obama, I'm not a Blogger of the World; I've been pretty happy being a Tiny Insignificant Catholic Blogger (TM).

Besides, man, I did you a favor--you wouldn't want FATHER Z comin' after you over a perceived biretta insult.