Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Taking the Plunge

Okay, here goes.

First of all, I know that this decision to put my real name out on this blog is a way bigger deal to me than it is to any of you. There are, after all, lots of wonderful Catholic moms who write, who have used their real names on their various blogs from the get-go (and some of them have even made their own names a Shockingly Clever Title).

So for me to step out from behind the "Red Cardigan" mask is really not all that important. In fact, if you're not even remotely interested please feel free to skip the rest of this post and get to the (hopefully) more interesting stuff below.

I'm pretty sure that those of you who might still be interested in knowing my name fall into the following three categories:

One: people who've never encountered me elsewhere on the Internet under my real name.
Two: people who have encountered me elsewhere on the Internet under my real name, but who have already figured out who I am, or who know because I've told you (or you're related to me).
Three: people who have encountered me elsewhere on the Internet under my real name and have not realized that I'm also posting here (and anywhere where I have to use a Blogger account to comment) as Red Cardigan.

By "elsewhere on the Internet" I pretty much mean one place: Rod Dreher's Crunchy Con blog. Where I not only post under my real name, but have become such a regular participant that on two separate occasions (so far!) Rod has let me guest-blog for him while he and his lovely family have taken some much-needed vacation time.

Which means, of course, that I am Erin Manning.

And it's awfully nice to get to 'fess up to it!

:)