Monday, July 21, 2008

Testing the Waters

My friends (and I do think of many of you in that way, believe me!) I've been considering something.

I love writing this blog, and I've been even more happy with it in the recent past. This new format is working well for me, which will probably make it possible for me to keep up the pace even when the kids start school again--and that's a good thing.

Change can be very beneficial, after all.

But one thing that hasn't changed is that my ultimate goal in writing at all is to get more of my writing published. It's been a while since I've talked about that particular ambition, but I've reached a point where I'm starting to get a manuscript together for submission to some publishers. The book is young-adult science fiction, so hopefully I'll be able to succeed in this goal, even if I have to amass several large shoe boxes full of rejection letters first.

So, like I said, I've been considering something.

Oh, I'm not considering ending my blogging days. I'm rather addicted to this form of writing, at this point. If anything, meeting my self-imposed daily goals and deadlines has been a good habit to form, one that has carried over into fiction writing and other pursuits.

But what I am considering is ending the anonymity of this blog, putting my real name out here, and eventually, hopefully, being able to share with you any news I might have about other writing projects, ventures, and adventures.

Now, I could wait until I've actually got news to share--but that seems rather opportunistic in some ways, waiting to tell you my name until it's printed on a book that I'll obviously hope people, including maybe some of you, might buy. And of course there's the reality that that day might never come--but in the meantime there are other things I sometimes end up keeping quiet about on the off chance that somebody I know is going to recognize me out here.

So one day soon you might see a post that tells you a little bit about me, including my name--and then a little after that I'll probably modify the blog slightly to include some of that information. I'll still post as "Red Cardigan" because I've become extremely fond of that nickname, and because it's my Blogger name and address.

Comments are closed on this one--but as always, please feel free to contact me via my "gmail" address if you'd like!