Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's Not Official...

...but it's close enough, and it's getting late, even for me.

Biden? Really. Hmmm.

(No, I'm not joining in the cackles of maniacal laughter emanating from the penumbras of the Republican Party Platform. I am personally opposed to cackles of maniacal laughter over what has to be the best possible choice Obama could have made--from the Republican perspective. I may be grinning a bit--but I won't admit to more than that.)

I'm going to have a lot to say about this once it is official, but like I said, it's late.

And out of respect for the countless frustrated, disappointed, angry Democrats who will not be getting that ultra-special celebrity text message before they hear the news, after all, which makes them feel a bit like the jilted prom date as she watches her guy march in to the school gym with the head of the cheerleading squad on his arm, I'll save my yammering on the matter for some time tomorrow.

Unless, of course, this is yet another fake-out. In which case Obama not only isn't Mr. Darcy; he's becoming perilously close to being Maxwell Smart.

1 comment:

JennGM said...

Oh my husband is having a field day. Joe Biden? You've got to be kidding. Where's the promised change, the newness with Biden? And him being a "Catholic"! What a joke! I just pray McCain doesn't make the same stupid mistake, like picking Ridge. Ugh.