I've got just about enough time for one more list post, so here are some things I've been wondering and thinking about, in no particular order:
1. If Obama's elected and he reinstates the so-called "Fairness Doctrine," does that mean that in 2012 it will be illegal for one presidential candidate to host his own thirty-minute infomercial without allowing the other candidate thirty minutes of equal airtime?
2. If John McCain is the moral equivalent of a mass murderer for his ESCR support, what does that make Barack Obama for his support for this sort of thing?
3. If Rod Dreher writes, "Fluorescent lighting is like the taste that stays in your mouth when you eat a snack cake with creme filling from the vending machine. It's the hydrogenated vegetable oil of lighting." and Maclin Horton comments "Great simile in your last line there." a) is it a sign of the apocalypse, b) did Maclin like the simile in the penultimate line, c) did Maclin like the metaphor in the last line, or d) am I a total English major weenie? :)
4. If Jen at Conversion Diary writes a lovely post about consumption and asceticism, is it really horrible that I remember this? (Okay, maybe not horrible, but definitely showing my age.)
5. Will the Stuff Catholics Like blog ever resurface?
6. Will I ever attain the intellectual level necessary to understand half the posts at this blog, and if I do, will it be necessary for me to determine beforehand a) how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, and b) whether, if a tree fell in the forest where no one could hear it, it would still be mediate remote material cooperation in evil without a proportionate reason for the tree to vote for McCain?
7. If Cardinal Egan posts a beautiful picture of an unborn baby, and people still can't see the baby's inherent dignity, obvious humanity, and intrinsic sanctity of life, how worried should we be to live among such people?
8. If we can get rid of some ugly modern music by the Vatican's ban on the use of Yahweh to represent the Tetragrammaton, what are the odds that we can expect a future ban on the use of songs where the singer takes the place of God and sings such things as "I the Lord of Sea and Sky" etc.? 'Cause that would take care of about 3/4ths of the problematic stuff.
9. If a strategy for continued weight loss during Halloween week depends on one's inability to eat chocolate without it triggering a migraine, and all sorts of evil candy companies start making white chocolate coated versions of the good stuff, how many extra minutes of exercise a day will be necessary to maintain equilibrium?
10. How late will we be up next Tuesday night--and how are we going to feel come Wednesday morning?