Monday, November 10, 2008

A Prayer Request

I received the following e-mail from a reader of this blog:

I am trying to get the story of our youngest son out as we are asking for miraculous healing. On Oct 15th, Michael suffered a near-drowning in a family swimming pool while myself, my sister and most of our children where near-by. We began mouth-to mouth and CPR, the EMT's continued and Michael was revived in the ER. He has made great progress, is stable and not on life-support but his medical prognosis is bleak. He suffered significant brain injury and we are told not to expect anything more than brain stem function from him. I am sure that is not God's plan for Michael and until He tells me otherwise, I will continue to pray for healing and ask others to join us.

Luke 11:5-10 is constant source of comfort. We will be the friend who keeps asking for the bread! Please join us in our prayers for Michael and share his story with anyone. We've set up a caring bridge site to keep people updated. www.caringbridge.org/visit/lovemichael
God bless you,
Sabine Summerville


As I wrote back to Sabine, I'm honored to post her family's prayer request and to pray for her son. I am fond of the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel, which is posted on the sidebar of this blog. I would ask those who wish to join me in praying for little Michael to ask his great patron saint, St. Michael the Archangel, to beseech God for Michael's swift and miraculous healing:

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray:
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.


Dear St. Michael, chosen by God to protect us in our frailty against the snares of the devil, I humbly implore you to ask Him on our behalf for the swift and miraculous healing of a little one who bears your name, Michael Summerville, that this healing may give glory to God and that Michael may be raised up to follow your great example and serve Our Lord Jesus Christ in whatever way God has chosen. Amen.


3 comments:

freddy said...

We'll be adding our prayers! Here's a link to the Chaplet of St. Michael the Archangel, another powerful prayer!

http://www.ewtn.com/library/prayer/mikechap.txt

freddy said...

Some lovely novenas to St. Michael here: http://www.saint-mike.org/Library/Novenas/StMichael.html

Sabine said...

thanks Freddy - I'll print them out and add them to the "prayer basket" in Michael's room!

And thank you Erin for posting!

God is so good to us!

~ Sabine very blessed to be Michael's mom