Monday, November 10, 2008

Things I Love About Texas

Five Things I Love About Living In Texas:
  1. Not having to shovel snow.
  2. Not needing bed socks or flannel pajamas until late November.
  3. Not needing a real winter coat much at all, except for a couple of unkind weeks in January and February.
  4. Being able to enjoy ice cream pretty much all year.
  5. Paying for items 1-4 with weather that includes tornado watches in November. Sigh.


Babs said...

Yes to all!

In addition Texas is a stronghold of social conservatives who deeply value liberty. Lucky me to live here. I would brave any wild weather for that.

rtb said...

Sure, rub it in to us poor northerners. :(

Betty Beguiles said...

I don't know. I'm craving four distinct seasons right about now. I need to cultivate an attitude like yours. :)

KC said...


Paula in MN said...

I agree with rtb -- thanks a lot for rubbing it in. We've already had snow, though nothing has stuck to the ground. The temp is 19 degrees and there's lots of frost on the windows. Brrrrr.

CrimsonCatholic said...

Texas, our Texas! All hail the mighty state!

I just moved back from California, and as I like to think of it, just in the nick of time. Even when conservatives win (as in Prop. 8), they are immediately set upon by liberals using tactics more fitting for Klansmen than rational human beings. As a conservative talk radio host once put it, the state is ungovernable. The majority is too insane even to protect their own self-interest.

Anonymous said...

i miss my from amarillo so i get a small winter usually but im off at school in indiana and we just finished a week where the high didnt get above 20 and we were really excited today when it got up to 23 and the -36 was soon as i can ill be back!