1. Silent Night
2. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
3. O Come All Ye Faithful
4. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
5. Away in a Manger
6. Little Donkey
7. Once in Royal David's City
8. The Twelve Days of Christmas
9. O Little Town of Bethlehem
10. Ding Dong Merrily on High
My favorite, "O Holy Night," didn't even make the list. And I didn't want to appear too ignorant on a heavily trafficked blog like CC, but I've got to ask: what the heck is "Little Donkey?"
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to ask some of the same questions, with some additions, over here; if anybody wants to use this as a blog meme, go ahead!
1. Love 'em, hate 'em, tolerate 'em, or...?
2. Policy: none before Christmas, none before Thanksgiving, or...?
3. Favorite? Favorites, if you've got more than one?
4. Least favorite? Drives you batty/hate it/turn it off if it comes on the radio?
5. Caroling door to door in neighborhood? Ever done it/would do it? Wouldn't even consider it?
6. Funniest kids' rendition, if any?
7. Most inappropriate carol ever heard in a church setting (Catholic or otherwise)?
8. The one foreign language carol I know (or know best) is...?
9. Carol that perplexes you the most?
10. Carol your whole family will sing?
You don't have to answer all ten, and you can answer here in the combox or on your own blog--if you answer on the blog, drop me a link in the combox so I can see! And forwarding--totally up to you, if you want to ask other people to join in.
Here are my answers:
1. Love 'em.
2. Break down during Advent, always.
3. O Holy Night, though I like lots of others.
4. The "Do They Know It's Christmas" eighties Band-Aid song I linked to on Crunchy Cons. I know it was for a good cause, but it's shudderingly bad.
5. Yep, as a kid; would do it if the chance came up.
6. Wish I could remember one! Hoping some of you will!
7. My brother tried to sing the "smoking on a rubber cigar" version of "We Three Kings" at Mass. He was under five, though. ;)
8. Probably just "Feliz Navidad."
9. "I Saw Three Ships Come Sailing In." What the heck is up with that song?
10. Lots of them, but here we probably come to "Silent Night," 'cause they all like it.
Your turn! :)