Friday, December 12, 2008

A Friday Fun Post

If you want to read anything serious or substantial I've written today, or anytime this week, just go on over here. I'll be wrapping up my guest hosting sometime over the weekend, just in time to realize that I've blown my Internet Christmas shopping week blogging....

...Nah, I already knew that. And I'm not panicking. No, really, not at all. :)

But since I'm just about all serious and substantialed out, here are a few fun things to do. 'Cause I know some of you are about as much in the mood to tackle weighty matters on a Friday evening as I am:

You Should Juggle

You've got the talent to go far in life, but you don't really like to take risks.

You rather practice your well honed skills than put your life in danger.

You are agile and coordinated. You can work magic with your hands.

You truly mesmerize people. You don't have to resort to cheap tricks and gimmicks.

You Are Chicken Noodle Soup

You are a traditional and conservative person. You value the past, and change frightens you.

You are very loyal, especially to your family. You prefer a low-key life, with lots of time spent at home.

You like soup because it's easy, quick, and cheap.

You tend to have a favorite soup you stick to. Why change a good thing?

You Are a Discount Shopper

You love to get things as cheaply as possible. You live for sales.

It's partially because you like to save money, but it's also because you like the thrill of finding a fabulous deal.

Of all the types, you tend to shop frequently but rarely buy. You keep an eye on prices.

Brand names are not that important to you. You know how to have style without collecting designer tags.

See you next week!

Sneak preview:

Response from a diocesan official to the sacrament prep. question raises more questions than it answers...

Does our duty to obey our husbands mean accepting without question that they have the right to tell us what to wear...

Doing battle with the Leviathan of Laundry...

...and more!


LeeAnn said...

I hear you on the leviathan of laundry! I have six or seven or eight baskets of clean laundry sitting around waiting to be sorted and put away. My partial solution: go through them and pull out clothes to give away! I got ride of two baskets full of unneeded, redundant or wrong sized clothes today at a Little Flowers meeting. Because really, the solution to laundry I like best is having fewer clothes to wash, fold and put away! I'm having a Little House moment--Mary and Laura only had two dresses and were grateful for them, right?--why shouldn't my kids do the same! Hmm, this might cut down on the problems associated with your second item in your sneak preview list as well. ;)

Hélène said...

There are a bunch of websites that will have free shipping on the 18th with a guarantee to get there before Christmas, so you are not too late to get your online shopping done.

Charlotte (Matilda) said...

I am a juggler who likes chicken soup but a reluctant shopper... but you already knew that! : )