Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kitten!

It seems like just yesterday I was writing a post to tell you that we'd be out celebrating Kitten's 12th birthday, and here we are today celebrating her 13th! My big teenage daughter is growing up so fast.

Just like last year, she'd like to work in a zoo trip to enjoy seeing the animals, but alas, the weather isn't going to cooperate today--with the wind chill it's only 34 degrees this morning.

But we still have a fun day planned, and Kitten decided that she'd rather go to the Vigil Mass for the feast day tonight at our little parish than go elsewhere tomorrow. She's going to be singing the Responsorial Psalm with me at Mass!

Aside from our Mass attendance, she's planning on a nice (early) dinner out at a great little Italian restaurant, and has selected a grown-up cheesecake dessert for our continued party back at the house.

We have some New Year's noisemakers, some extra crackers from Christmas to pull and enjoy, and cream soda to put in wine glasses while we watch some of the New Year's Eve specials (she's started to like doing that--it's so fun to see everyone celebrating on her birthday!).

We wish all of you a happy New Year's Eve!

Hi, this is Kitten! I'm excited that it's my thirteenth birthday. I've heard from some of the people I know that thirteen is a hard year. But a girl I know whose is a few years older than me said that thirteen was a good year. I believe that, because she's also homeschooled, and we can relate to each other. I hope all of my mom's readers have a wonderful New Year's and that their New Year is filled with many good times! :) :) :) :) :)

5 comments:

KC said...

Happy Birthday, Kitten!

Wendy in VA said...

Happy 13th birthday, Kitten! Sounds like you have a lovely celebration planned.

Charlotte (Matilda) said...

Happy Birthday, sweet niece! We love you and can't wait to see how you keep growing up into the beautiful woman God intends for you to be!

BTW...I meant figuratively growing up, not literally because I don't want to give up my status as the tallest girl in the family!

freddy said...

Happy Birthday, Kitten and many happy returns of the day! God bless you today and always, and the gang all send lots of love.

Rebecca said...

What a fun day to have a birthday! Happy birthday Kitten.