Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Not Quite a Ramona Moment, but...

I love reading Karen Edmisten's blog, and particularly hearing about the antics of Ramona, whose words never fail to make me smile.

So when Hatchick misheard something today, I couldn't help but think of Ramona.

I always plan to wait until Gaudete Sunday to pull out the Christmas music; I always break down earlier than that. Can't help it; I enjoy Christmas music, even if I don't like hearing it in stores two weeks before Thanksgiving.

Anyway, the girls had scooped up several favorite cds and brought them out to the living room to take the edge off of Math, so to speak. I glanced at the ones they'd found, noticed that one of the favorites was missing (it still is, alas; must have put it away in the wrong place last year) and asked, "What about Manheim Steamroller?"

And from the kitchen Hatchick echoed with astonishment, "What man behind a steamroller?"

:)

2 comments:

Charlotte (Matilda) said...

That is what I think of every time I hear that name!!! :)

Anonymous said...

My little sister was helping Mother with kitchen spring cleaning, which amounted to washing all the dishes, good china, polishing the silver, etc., making breads of unused staples, etc. and they came to the spice drawer. Sis was asking Mom about the various powders, seasonings, extracts, and Mom was doing her best to answer all the inquisitiveness; where does tumeric come from, what part of the tree is a clove, what is a cinnamon, what's in curry, and when they came to cumin, the question is how to pronounce it...so, off to the dictionary, and from the living room--it's comin', it's comin', and Daddy coming in the front door has to wonder...what's coming?