Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Cleaning

Once again, I'm late posting on a Friday. I think the reason is that just like clockwork, our schedule has rotated around until we're doing our major housecleaning on Friday afternoons.

I never really intend for this to happen. I much prefer cleaning routines that are spread out over the week, with so much on Monday, so much on Tuesday, and so on. But somehow every year between Christmas break and the advent of Lent/Third Quarter Blues season, my routine deteriorates to the point where Friday becomes the catch-all day to get most of the housework done.

I'm not sure whether it's Holiday Mode that starts the process, though I suspect that it is. You know what I mean--you clean so much in preparation for Thanksgiving and Christmas, especially if you have company coming, and then you sort of coast along with "lick and a promise" style housework as you celebrate and go to church lots of extra times and enjoy the season day it's the end of January and you're still operating on the same principle.

Which is what happened to me today.

So, while I do still plan to get out here a little later this evening and write about the new RNC chairman and possibly one other little thing, at the moment I have to go clean something else before it's time for dinner.

Got any great cleaning routine secrets to share? According to this Blogthings quiz, I could use a little help:

You Are a Little Messy

You aren't the cleanest person in the world, but you're definitely not a slob.

You clean up when you have the time, but you're realistic about what you can get done.

Generally, you're pretty organized and tidy - though you may have a few hidden messes.

You eventually get around to making things spotless, but you do it on your own schedule!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Definitely a messy home - that's why I like my blog. No one can make a mess there.