Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday, Thad!

Today is my dear husband's birthday. It's so rare to have a weekend birthday that we had formed all sorts of plans and ideas how to celebrate.

Alas, the girls and I are all sick now with that bug that Kitten caught. It doesn't look like we'll even make it to Mass tomorrow, let alone out to celebrate today.

Luckily, I made the cake yesterday, before I came down with this thing (well, okay, I could tell it was coming, which was why I made the cake yesterday). And we have a few small gifts to give him, along with out love, our appreciation, and our careful efforts not to give him this yucky virus.

Life happens, plans get changed. We'll pick another Saturday to take Thad out on the town for a day of fun. Today, we'll just remind him how much we love him as best we can under the circumstances, even if that means blowing our kisses from a safe, germ-avoidance distance. :)

We love you, Thad! Happy birthday!


Charlotte (Matilda) said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it was enjoyable even with everyone sniffly and drippy around you!

opey124 said...

Happy Birthday!
Praying you all are well, getting better.