Monday, March 2, 2009

Praying for Jen

Anybody who reads the blog Conversion Diary, written by a former atheist, now Catholic mom of four (baby's coming today!) has probably been touched by Jen's thoughtful writing on spiritual topics, on her amazing journey, and on her lovely family.

And like I just said, baby number four is scheduled to arrive today; Jen has to have induced deliveries, and her handling of her difficult pregnancies with grace and love is also very inspiring to those of us who read her blog.

I know lots of Jen's readers are remembering to keep her in prayer today, but I wanted to provide a space for some of us to let her know that we're praying and waiting to hear about the arrival of her newest little one. For myself, I'm offering up my day for Jen and her labor and delivery; the girls and I are still sidelined by this yucky nasty virus thing, and I figured that offering my day, and particularly my efforts to remain patient and cheerful despite all the hacking and malaise, was probably the best I could do.

If you're saying some special prayers for Jen today, and would like to post them below as a kind of spiritual bouquet for her, please do so! And if you haven't yet discovered Jen's blog (there may be one or two of you, but I kind of doubt it) please take a second to read some of her amazing and insightful posts.

Jen, God bless! You're in our thoughts and prayers as you welcome your newest blessing into the world today.

UPDATE: She's here! Thanks be to God! (And we've been promised pictures soon--wooo!)


freddy said...

God bless you, Jen: prayers for you and your family!

Celeste said...

Praying Aves for you today, Jen!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I said a Memorare this morning for all your needs. I'll keep you in my prayers all day.

--Elizabeth B.

Mary Poppins NOT said...

I said the Angelus for you today. And you have been in my thoughts and spontaneous prayers all day.

Nzie (theRosyGardener) said...

Hurrah! Congrats to Jen and thanks to Red for the reminder yesterday!


Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

I've been offline so much over the past week that I just now saw this. I am SO touched! And, really, all of these prayers made a *huge* difference. I need to write about that at some point to let everyone know how much it helped me.

Thank you so much, Erin. What a kind gesture.