Saturday, May 2, 2009

Letter from an ND Graduate

I received the following email from an ND graduate, who gave me permission to use the content, just not a name or email address. I really think it ought to be shared:
I'm not particularly Catholic anymore, and maybe not pro-life enough for some people. I don't have any problem with condoms or birth control pills and I'm not sure I'd shove the Roe v. Wade genie back in the bottle.

However, I know that by the time you reach Partial Birth Abortion and making Catholic doctors perform abortions you are a long way from my morality. And it got me involved in this battle in a way I've never before engaged in any issue.

I've read just about everything I could on the decision of President Jenkins, I've written emails and letters of protest to him and everyone else I could find (no responses, of course). I've posted on comment pages, I've talked to friends, I even got Notre Dame spokesman Daniel Brown on the phone for an unsatisfactory conversation.

I just wanted to say that your post "Good Little Quislings" is the best summation of the situation that I've seen. I think it hits the nail right on the head. The Right Sort and the Wrong Sort.

President Jenkins had to have known that he is the president of two factions at Notre Dame. For my peace of mind, he should have made a safe choice for commencement speaker, and not exacerbated the problem.

But I do commend him for awakening me to the forces at work inside the Church who have long since decided that they worship the Liberal Lord Obama more than they do the Christian one.
I thank my correspondent for sharing this with us.

1 comment:

kkollwitz said...

"I don't have any problem with condoms or birth control pills and I'm not sure I'd shove the Roe v. Wade genie back in the bottle."

Well then, get used to partial-birth abortion....and worse.