Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back to Normal!

As of this afternoon, I'm officially done posting at Crunchy Con--this round, anyway.

I am, as always, very grateful to all of you who popped in over there to read or participate; I'm also grateful for your patience here, when I was only able to post sporadically.

Regular blogging here should resume tomorrow, and I've got to admit, I'm looking forward to it.

I realized something this time around--I do pull my punches a bit, over at Rod's blog. It's not cowardice (well, not all of it, anyway). Some of it has to do with the fact that I'm aware that I'm sitting in for someone else, and that I should continue things pretty much the way that he does--which means that I sometimes change a word or phrase two or three times to keep it from being unnecessarily incendiary.

But the other reason I do it has to do with the unique nature of that blog. It's the only blog I know of where liberals and conservatives make an actual effort to talk to (and not past) each other. Sure, they don't always succeed, but at least they try, and that's something I'd like to encourage as much as possible.

Granted, there are some people who read and comment regularly over there who would, if you wrote "It sure is a nice day, isn't it?" angrily comment that you clearly weren't thinking of the poor, or shut-ins, or those creatures in the animal kingdom whose fur coats make them unappreciative of anything but cool rainy weather. Which does tend to make me edit my own words a little more carefully than I otherwise would, to avoid obvious combox-derailing right from the get-go.

But every time I substitute host at Crunchy Con, I learn things--the most important thing being how much I still don't really know, about so many issues and problems that impact us all. As an opinionated person I tend to think that I really do know more than I actually do, so getting reminded of how very untrue that is is always a really good experience for me.

Coming up tomorrow: the zero-size fashion industry and more about the recruiter shooting. See you then!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Good insights... even from a woman who knows a lot. :)