Monday, June 29, 2009

Thwack, ouch...

Guess what I did this morning? Whacked my foot into the bathroom door frame. I figured I'd bruised it or jammed my little toe, because it hurt quite a bit.

But hours later it still hurts; by now I'm pretty sure it's broken, so in a few minutes I'm heading down to a little emergency clinic nearby for an x-ray. Not that anything can be done for a broken toe, of course, but I've managed to make it forty years without a single broken bone, so I want to make sure that this one really is. I'm clinging stubbornly to the hope that it's just really, really bruised or something.

Sigh. Probably not. But in any case, I probably won't be able to blog till much later, or maybe tomorrow.

Till then!

6 comments:

freddy said...

Prayers! Hope you feel better soon!

LeeAnn said...

I've broken both my pinky toes several times. Nothing to do for it but tape it up and wear comfy, supportive shoes when you MUST walk; otherwise, take it easy and get your feet up and take some ibuprofen.

Hope you feel better soon!

Dawn said...

Yuk. I broke my shoulder once. Nothing you can do for that, either.

How you went this long, though, is.... (sorry, can't think of a word).

Lindsay said...

I'm only 29, but I haven't broken a bone either. I did seriously injure a toe once, but I never went to the doctor; so, I've convinced myself it was a sprain/dislocated/something.Ouch, though. Whatever it is, it sounds painful. Its amazing how an injury to something that seems so insignificant and that you rarely think of can practically incapacitate one!

Patrick Archbold said...

Break a leg!

LarryD said...

Awww, Patrick beat me to it!

Hope you're feeling better.