Monday, June 8, 2009

You May Want to Read This One

Those of you who've popped in over at Crunchy Con know that the audience over there is rather different from the audience here. The comment boxes are clearly not for everyone.

But I think parents, homeschooling or not, might be interested in this post about "queering education," the push by homosexual activists to have children taught about homosexuality from kindergarten on. In it I try to illustrate how Kevin Jennings, President Obama's appointee to lead the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools inside the Department of Education, has ties to the "queering education" movement.

You may want to skip the comment boxes on this one. But we should be aware of what the agenda is, because even those of us who homeschool may eventually find out that homeschooling alone doesn't protect us from the efforts of gay activists to teach our children that homosexual activity is perfectly normal, something to celebrate, and certainly not anything that might be a sin.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I thank God for my mom who is helping us pay tuition for our boys at an SSPX school. If not for that, I would be homeschooling.

eulogos said...

These people basically DARE anyone to disagree with them.

When I was a kid I used to hang out with the boys, who I thought were more fun than the girls. To be allowed to do so, I had to take dares. Can you walk through the swamp ? Can you climb up and walk on top of the billboard? Can you make your way along the inside of a chain link fence in the water of a lake, and not 25' from the nesting swans? I took all those dares.

So when you invite me to Crunchy Con.....

Susan

drewann said...

I read about the VT "Gendertopia" class in our local paper- http://www.benningtonbanner.com/ci_12544095. Then I went on Outright Vermont's (the group that puts on the series) website- unbelievable. Learned things I never wanted to know. The Bennington Banner article said that the class is partially taxpayer funded.

Red Cardigan said...

Thanks, all!

Susan, I'm always glad to see you pop in over at CC. It helps when someone other than me is arguing for traditional marriage! :)

eulogos said...

Red Cardigan, if I can use this for another purpose, will you please look at Michael Liccione's blog, Sacramentum Vitae, about the situation with how the Catholic hospitals there are in partnership with a secular agency which does abortions? I am not sure I understand the situation, but it doesn't look good to me.
Susan

eulogos said...

There..in Boston. I wonder why this is not getting more blog attention. And if there is something which makes the situation not so bad as it seems, I would like to know that also.
Susan