Friday, August 21, 2009

Just for Fun

I'm pressed for time today, so I thought it would be a good day to post a very short meme I've been thinking about starting. There's probably one like it out there somewhere, but it will probably take me less time to write my own than to go searching, so here it is:

My Novel Life

1. If my life were fiction it would be set in...

2. Right now I would be wearing...

3. The biggest crisis I would be facing would be...

4. My biggest joy would come from...

5. The most frustrating daily challenge would be...

6. Looking out my window, I would see...

7. The other characters in the story would be...

8. An essential element of a happy ending would be...


To give you an idea, here's how I would fill those in:

1. ...outer space, aboard a fast-moving ship.

2. ...one of those loose tunic/pants outfits space people wore in old space movies. Looks comfy!

3. ...an energy shortage. Naturally. :)

4. ...successfully navigating the ship beside my husband, who would be piloting.

5. ...making sure the ship's auto-cleaning functions were all operational. (I wish!)

6. ...the blackness of space, mostly.

7. ...my husband, my girls, and more family and friends!

8. ...a friendly planet with nice people, a decent way of life, and lots of cake. ;)

This isn't a "tag, now you should feel pressured either to do it or feel guilty for not doing it" sort of meme--please feel free to do it or ignore it! But I'd love to hear from those of you whose novel life would be set in the Old West, or in a courtroom or police drama, or in a fantasy world, or in 1850s London, or anywhere else where your imagination tends to roam!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Very Fun!

MacBeth Derham said...

That was entertaining. Thanks!

Patrick Archbold said...

The biggest crisis I would be facing would be...repairing the space time continuum of course!

Jane Wangersky said...

De-lurking to say I hope it's not too late to comment on this.

I couldn't decided whether I wanted to live in a novel by Madeleine L'Engle or P.G. Wodehouse, so I ended up doing both. They're at my blog.

Red Cardigan said...

Wow! I just had time to go read everybody's, and they're all terrific! Thanks for joining in!!!

:)