Wednesday, October 14, 2009

King of the Castle

Our cat, Emmett, continues to do well, and honestly he's such an easy pet to take care of that I find myself wondering why we put off getting a cat for so long (aside from worrying about cat allergies, since so many people on my side of the family are allergic to cats).

Here he is, enjoying a regal hide-out:


And here he is in a more conventional bed, which he likes very much:

The look of intent concentration on his face there probably has to do with the camera strap on Thad's camera, which Emmett has already tried to attack on a few occasions.

As I write this, he has retreated to his castle again; it's just so hard to get a good nap going when people insist on silly things like doing the dishes and cleaning up after dinner, isn't it? :)

1 comment:

Charlotte (Matilda) said...

...it's just so hard to get a good nap going when people insist on silly things like doing the dishes and cleaning up after dinner...

I hear ya! I'm sure those 3 beautiful princesses are happy to cater to His Majesty's every wish and command!