Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stay Tuned...

I can't give details, yet, but I'm embroiled in a bureaucratic kerfuffle with one of the local chancery offices over one of their pettifogging requirements for something. Clear as mud, right? I promise to let you know more about what's up when I can share the whole story.

In the meantime, if there's a patron saint for dealing with diocesan chanceries, I'd appreciate any information you can share about him/her; I have a feeling I'm going to need it! :)

4 comments:

Deacon Dean said...

Sadly I must offer up Saint Jude... Good luck!

Anonymous said...

From Scotch Meg:

Hmm... I think I don't know the status of asking for prayers from someone who's not a canonized saint. But if possible, I would ask for the intercession of the late Ruth Pakaluk. You'd have liked her. She was the most down-to-earth and rock-solid prolife activist you'd ever want to meet. Catholic convert. Mother of six. Died at 41 of cancer. Anyway, if it's permissible to ask, I think she'd intercede for you. She worked for her diocese toward the end of her life, and said that if anything would cause her to lose her faith, it would be working for the Church. If you google her you might find Phil Lawler's obituary.

LarryD said...

St Rita

Melanie B said...

My sympathy. My husband works for our diocese and fights that mentality every single day. I'd definitely try St. Jude.

And maybe St Nicholas. After all he once punched Arius. Sounds like a saint who gets things done and doesn't put up with nonsense.