Thursday, March 4, 2010

Maybe I need to moderate my tone...

Bookgirl was reading about nuclear power in her science book today, and the book mentioned the Chernobyl disaster. Bookgirl was amazed by the account. "Did this really happen?" she asked.

"Yes," I replied. "I remember the news accounts--I was alive at the time, you know."

From across the room, Kitten looked up, a suspicious frown on her face. "Did you cause it?" she asked sternly.

Oh, my. My children think I'm capable of causing a nuclear meltdown. Maybe I ought to learn to write with a little less forcefulness.

:)

4 comments:

Roger said...

Nuts! I knew I shouldn't have replaced those control rods with Folger's Crystals to see if they could tell the difference!

Red Cardigan said...

:) :)!

LarryD said...

You should have told them that "Wanted" posters with your face on them are plastered up and down the Ukraine!

Lindsay said...

I have scrolled past this at least three times in my google reader and laughed out loud every time! Too funny!