Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rosaries for Ruthie

I'm continuing to pray for Rod Dreher's sister, Ruthie Leming, who was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. Rod wrote recently about her here.

One of the things I've been trying to do this Lent is do a better job with my daily rosary. In the recent past I've had trouble remembering to say it every day, and have sometimes said only a few decades late at night before falling asleep. So I really wanted to re-focus on this form of prayer, which has meant a lot to me and helped me spiritually in more ways than I can number.

I've started to offer my rosary for Ruthie and for her family, and it occurred to me that it might be a good idea to make a formal commitment out of it. So, I'm going to continue to pray the rosary daily for Ruthie for the rest of this Lent, for her healing from this cancer if that is God's will, and for peace and strength for Ruthie and for her whole family.

Having decided to do that, it occurred to me that it would be really nice if a few other fellow Catholics might join me. If you can pray a daily rosary, or even a decade of the rosary daily for this intention, will you please say so in the comment box? I'd like to make this a "spiritual bouquet" of sorts, and let Rod know that some of us have signed on to pray.

Thanks, and God bless!

14 comments:

Charlotte (Matilda) said...

I will say a daily rosary for Ruthie and her family for strength and healing.

Anonymous said...

I'm in. At least a decade.

Irenaeus

Monica said...

Me too. I'll pray a daily rosary/daily decade for Ruthie and her family.

Rebecca said...

Our family has been including Ruthie in our daily Rosary since you first posted about her. We'll continue to do so.

freddy said...

Count me in!
Daily rosary.

4Chiwawas said...

I'll say a daily rosary for Ruthie! Thanks for beginning this and God bless you!

Cecelia said...

Thanks for doing this Erin - I am in - will try or a whole rosary but you can count on at least a decade every day.

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I had the pleasure of meeting Rod some years back at a mutual friend's house for dinner. I've read his blog regularly since then, and Ruthie and her family have inspired me, and reminded me how our lives are such a gift. I join my prayers with everyone's here, and my daily lenten rosary will be for Ruthie and her family.

May our Father continue to wrap his loving arms around them, and may they feel that love each day.

Mary Alice said...

I'll pray a rosary for Ruthie and her family every day, Erin. We've been praying as a family for Ruthie since I read Rod's first column. My kids (ages 8 to 17 still at home) are especially concerned about her children's emotions with their mom being so sick, so I'll ask them if they want to join me and include Ruthie's children in their intentions.

It's a humbling and beautiful thing to be part of the Body of Christ.

Red Cardigan said...

Via email, Anne will also be joining us in this rosary effort.

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far! If you'd like to share this, feel free--the "Rosaries for Ruthie" link in the sidebar will lead to this post, for others to add their prayers.

God bless!

Jeff Sullivan said...

Hi Erin: I'm in for a decade of my daily rosary for Ruthie and her family.

Anonymous said...

She's already been in my prayers, but I will offer my daily rosary for her and her family.
Mary Curtright

Anonymous said...

Will say a Lenten daily rosary for Ruthie along with two others that are currently fighting cancer
Al Del Grosso, Maryland

Anonymous said...

Just came across this searching the interent for other information. What a touching story. I too will say a decade daily for Ruthie, if not a whole rosary when possible. I just came back from the radiologist and have three very small spots on my left breast and have to go back in 6 months for a follow up. You never know when others will have to pray for you too. May God in heaven bless Ruthie and her enitre family. I pray for a miracle for her and that she is healed. If not I pray that she continues to be an inspiration to all, but most of all that she is at peace