Thursday, June 3, 2010

On the list...

This is making the rounds today--Catholic blogger Eric Sammons has put together a list of the top 200 Catholic blogs, based on Google Reader subscriptions.

I am pleased to tell you that this blog has made the list! We're at number 84, my friends (so if you *don't* subscribe via Google Reader--hint, hint...)

But I'm even more pleased to tell you that my talented sister-in-law, author of the popular blog Waltzing Matilda, is in the top 35--she's number 34! Congratulations, sis! I'm thrilled to be related to one of the top Catholic bloggers out there. :)

In all seriousness, lists like these can be fun, as can blog contests and other means of obtaining a little blog recognition. But for those out there who are just starting out, or who blog on a smaller scale--don't be discouraged by arbitrary metrics: just keep saying what you have to say!

6 comments:

Magister Christianus said...

Erin, I saw the list, immediately searched for yours, and was so happy to find it. Congratulations!

LarryD said...

You go, girl!

freddy said...

Congrats to you and Waltzing Matilda! What a talented family!

Tarcisius said...

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

SAHMinIL said...

Congrats to you! (I've made the list as well coming in at 145). It's a very awesome list. Many of the blogs I've known about, some are NEW (to me).

Beth said...

That is great. Especially considering websites like Faith and family have lots of marketing and adverstisement from other websites within the top 30 of that list. It is quite an accomplishment for someone out there on their own.