Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Attention, please

Just in case you missed it, in the 307-comment thread under Simcha Fisher's post about pants, a commenter named "Katherine" characterized the debate in this immortal phrase: sola skirtura.

Like everybody else who has ever discussed this issue, I wish I'd thought of that.

"Katherine" will now live in Catholic blogosphere history, as the "skirts only" debate will forever be known by the phrase sola skirtura.



Deirdre Mundy said...

I was reading through Mark Shea's blog last night and apparently one of the commentors made a non-ironic comment on the evils of sandals and peep-toed shoes...and how women who where them are immodest harlots and shouldn't be allowed in Mass....

So I was wondering.... what does that say about Discalced Carmelites?

Dawn Farias said...

Too funny! I didn't see that one since I stopped following before any comments were nonsensical nor have I read any of the other blogs' posts on it.

Just yours and Simcha's.

Anonymous said...

That's a hoot!

And may I say, Red Cardigan, and hope you are not offended, you sound awfully feminist, to me, in these arguments!

But then, women as full persons was always what I understood feminism to be about. ;^)


Red Cardigan said...

Not offended at all, Elizabeth! I consider it a compliment! :)

Rebecca in CA said...

That is a keeper! I love it!!!

melissa said...