Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kitten!

Today we celebrate the fifteenth birthday of our oldest girl, affectionately nicknamed "Kitten" on this blog. If I told you how proud I was of my sweet, smart, well-organized and thoughtful young lady, I'd take up this whole blog post! And that would be bad, because it's been my practice for the last couple of years to let Kitten speak for herself. So here she is:

Hi everyone, Kitten here! I'm extremely excited because of my birthday today. This past year (of being fourteen) has been a fun and interesting exploring process for me. Through various things (school courses, hobbies, life in general) I've started to figure out some of the things God has in store for me and some of the things in life that I want to pursue as an adult.

This year I've also been blessed with an amazing friend. Even though we live rather far from each other, that hasn't stopped the e-mails, the gift exchanging, picture sharing and yes, even visiting. I want to take the time especially to thank God (and Mom) for finding me such a wonderful friend as she has been. We've made a lot of good memories together so far! :)

Another highlight of this year (and a special favorite of mine) was adding to our cat family. The adoption of our second cat, Smidge, was a joy to behold. Our first cat, Emmett, can't seem to get along without him and Smidge is positive that Emmett is his best friend. My nickname being Kitten I love our cats and have enjoyed having them more than I can say. :)

I thank all of you for taking the time to read this and I'd like to wish all of you a Happy New Year! :)

God Bless,

That's my girl! Kitten, we love you--you bring much joy into our lives, and you know I couldn't get along without your help and company and conversations. Happy birthday, sweet girl, and God bless you too! :)


Charlotte (Waltzing Matilda) said...

Happy Birthday, Kitten! We will toast to you and to the new year tonight! (It's just sparkling lemonade!)

Appalachian Prof said...

Happy Birthday and all God's blessings!

The Sicilian said...

Happy Birthday, Kitten! From a fellow cat lover. =(^;^)=

Rebecca in CA said...

Many happy returns of the day, Kitten (in the words of Winnie the Pooh)!

LarryD said...

Happy birthday, Kitten!