Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

If I have this post scheduled correctly, it will post to my blog right about the time of the consecration at the Mass we will be attending tonight.

During that sublime moment when Christ deigns yet again to become present Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity among us, I will be praying for all of you (and I am grateful for your prayers for me, as well).

I will pray for all who read and post here, especially for those who have asked for prayer in the past year. I will pray for the atheists and agnostics, for the believers, for the Christians, for my fellow Catholics both cradle and convert. I will especially pray for two Christian gentlemen and their families, one of whom is drawing very near to becoming a Catholic, and one of whom is, if his writings have not misled me, about to begin a similar journey.

I will ask God's forgiveness for the times when I have failed to treat any of you with the full measure of human respect that your intrinsic human dignity is owed; I ask your forgiveness as well, if I have injured you with this sort of carelessness.

I will thank God very much for the gift of your company and the many things you have taught me this year. And I will beg Him to lead us all together into the bright and glorious company of Heaven when our time here is complete.

God bless you and yours, and Merry Christmas!


Anonymous said...

Thanks, Erin!

Your prayers are welcome. I will remember you and your family at 7 AM Mass tomorrow.

And thanks for your blog which I read, well, just about every day. Your posts challenge me even though our political and religious views are not always on the same page.


eutychus said...

Merry Christmas Red.
Blessings to you and yours and many thanks for all you have done to move me along the path as well.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

You didn't mention praying for the Protestants among us, but if that was an oversight, your prayers are welcome. I cannot recall a single time you have failed to treat any of us with the full measure of human respect that our intrinsic human dignity is owed - hopefully we've done the same for you, no matter how fierce the debate.

Red Cardigan said...

Sure I did, Siarlys! I prayed for the Christians. I meant all of us. :)

Melanie B said...

Blessed Christmas to you and your family, Erin.

Anonymous said...

Blessings for all, and in light of the Christ's presence and Christmas at present and every day.

Blessings for Erin and her folks!

Always enjoy checking in with this bloggist, and find surprisingly that there's more to agree than disagree inherently, whether posting anonymously or as 'Zircon'.

LarryD said...

Thanks for the prayers, Erin.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Oh, I must be in a pre-Vatican II mode; I forgot that Catholics recognized Protestants as Christians! (Tongue in cheek, I must have mis-read you original post.)