Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The ten days till Christmas

There are only ten more days until Christmas! Wow...where does December go?

Just for fun, I offer the following:

The Ten Days Till Christmas:

On the tenth day till Christmas, a thought occurred to me:
I still haven't put up the tree.

On the ninth day till Christmas, a thought occurred to me:
We need more giftwrap here--
and I still haven't put up the tree.

On the eighth day till Christmas, a thought occurred to me:
Time to bake the cookies,
We need more giftwrap here--
and I still haven't put up the tree.

On the seventh day till Christmas, a thought occurred to me:
The presents aren't mailed,
Time to bake the cookies,
We need more giftwrap here--
and I still haven't put up the tree.

On the sixth day till Christmas, a thought occurred to me:
Time's running out!
The presents aren't mailed,
Time to bake the cookies,
We need more giftwrap here--
and I still haven't put up the tree.

On the fifth day till Christmas, a thought occurred to me:
I'm not done shopping,
Time's running out!
The presents aren't mailed,
Time to bake the cookies,
We need more giftwrap here--
and I still haven't put up the tree.

On the fourth day till Christmas, a thought occurred to me:
I haven't sent the cards out,
I'm not done shopping,
Time's running out!
The presents aren't mailed,
Time to bake the cookies,
We need more giftwrap here--
and I still haven't put up the tree.

On the third day till Christmas, a thought occurred to me:
Better hit the eggnog:
I haven't sent the cards out,
I'm not done shopping,
Time's running out!
The presents aren't mailed,
Time to bake the cookies,
We need more giftwrap here--
and I still haven't put up the tree.

On the second day till Christmas, a thought occurred to me:
The house needs decorating,
Better hit the eggnog:
I haven't sent the cards out,
I'm not done shopping,
Time's running out!
The presents aren't mailed,
Time to bake the cookies,
We need more giftwrap here--
and I still haven't put up the tree.

On the last day till Christmas...

...somehow it all got done...

But I know I'll plan it better next year!

:)

7 comments:

The Cottage Child said...

Where's the part about still needing to put the second coat of paint on the walls in the living room? No one EVER sings about that.

Red Cardigan said...

Oh, I hear you! LOL! :)

eulogos said...

The fruit cake and the stollen!
Presents for the grandchildren in Baltimore!
Something for my husband!
Buying the tree.
Putting up the tree.
Putting lights on the house.
Making a wreath.
Going to confession .....
Christmas cards.

Help!
I love Christmas...don't I?

Susan Peterson

priest's wife said...

hahaha! and thanks- THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS BEGIN ON DEC 25! sorry...couldn't help myself

My biggest challenge is mailing gifts for those far away

Red Cardigan said...

Priest's wife, that's why my "song" is called "The ten days *till* Christmas," not "of"! :)

And, yes, many times I've used the "Christmas is a *season*!" reminder to keep from giving up on the very late Christmas cards...

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I only put up one string of lights this year... inside. I just don't have the energy, partly because it's just my little studio. Oh, and I did get out the painted plaster "Scottish Santa Claus" I won in a silent auction at the St. Ann's Center for Intergenerational Care, run by Franciscan Sisters with funding from a local Jewish family. And I made a fruitcake in early November so it could age properly. That's all I can handle this year. My building has a "no live tree" rule, and I don't believe in the artificial kind.

Anonymous said...

Someone has inhaled a bit of hilarious gas!!

May do without all the furbelows and frills to ensure we'll be able to attend Mass this year. (Too many work shifts out of town in a row ... .) And, will probably purchase Betty Crocker in volume to send to those with working ovens for semblance of reliving childhood family experience in making gingerbread boys and sugar cookies.

The one string of lights from last year on the pine tree in the yard is awaiting someone to find the business end to plug it in the socket. Almost ready!