Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bookgirl!

As I touched on in my post below on cars, we now have a fourteen-year-old who is catching up every day to her just-turned-fifteen sister!

Bookgirl is adventurous, smart, good at school work, and a terrific reader (three of the gifts she requested on her birthday list are new books to read). She also loves to draw, especially manga-inspired works, and has a talent for it that amazes me, because I never graduated beyond stick-figures and am awed by anyone who can do better than that.

Because she loves to draw so much, she decided that rather than take over the blog post at this point (as I always let my birthday girls do), she'd rather share a recent picture with all of you. So, here it is:
Happy birthday, Bookgirl! I hope today is full of books, drawing, friendship and adventure: the four things you love most. We love you!


Charlotte (Waltzing Matilda) said...

Happy Birthday, Bookgirl! We all hope your day is filled with adventure...even if it's just the bookish kind! :)

Charlotte (Waltzing Matilda) said...

BTW... your cousins say "Wow!" to your awesome drawing!

L. said...

From the land of manga (and from a house full of it), I have to say, that drawing is very good! Happy birthday!

My own daughter will be 14 on Monday, and all she asked for was manga.