Monday, January 31, 2011

Just another migraine Monday

I have things to say today.

For instance, there's the somewhat scary silliness involving protests over the fact that a corporate fast-food franchise donated some lunch baskets to an organization which holds the radical and preposterous view that marriage ought to be one man and one woman (what next? The view that pregnancy ought to lead to childbirth?).

And then I've thought a lot more about the whole "intentional discipleship" thing, especially given this wise gentleman's thoughts on the matter, and have been working on a post to discuss all of that.

And I haven't forgotten that I promised to write about masculinity and Christianity back before Christmas, either.

But today I'm rather out of commission, having battled unsuccessfully with a migraine all afternoon. So I can't really write anything.

Instead, I'll share an updated version of Tim Hawkins' famous "Chick-fil-A" (tm) parody song, performed at a Chick-fil-A (tm) conference:



And here's something that will really frighten the secularists:



Serious blogging will resume tomorrow--the good Lord willing!

3 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Silliness like this generally puts me in your camp Erin. I suppose one could ask whether this particular conference was about the benefits of marriage, or the evils of gay couples. The former is not inherently anti-gay anyway, whatever else the sponsor may promote.

But more important, it is really nobody's business who or what Chick-Fil-A chooses to donate to. Every private company in the USA doesn't have to adhere to a common standard -- not in the McCarthy era, and not now. It's called freedom of speech.

I don't appreciate most of what the founder of Domino's Pizza devotes his money to, but once he's paid his taxes, the rest of it is his. Even I wouldn't increase his taxes based on what he does or doesn't donate to. I suspect that on a strictly libertarian basis, Geoff G would agree.

L. said...

Every private company has the right to donate -- or not donate -- as it sees fit.

Every consumer has the right to patronize -- or not patronize -- each company.

Viva free speech and free enterprise!

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I feel a consensus forming. By the way, I am not up on American idols, is this Tim Hawkins the same guy who wrote the original "God Bless the USA"? He looks a bit young for that, but ya never know.