Friday, February 11, 2011

Some joyful news

My sister-in-law has some good news to share!

Now I have two sisters-in-law having babies this year--which means my children will have two more cousins before the end of the year! Woohoo! :)

You may recall that I'm the second of nine children. Five of us are married, one is a nun, and the youngest three haven't begun to live a vocation in the world as of yet.

My parents will be welcoming their twenty-first grandchild this year. Twenty-one members of a new generation of practicing Catholics, one-third of whom (seven) are E.F. Mass-attendees who toss Latin around the way other teens toss slang (and those seven are all boys--so maybe a few priestly vocations, dear nephews?). I say this not to boast of my family, but to strike a little holy terror into the hearts of the womynpriest, contracepting, pro-abortion, anti-Rome Catholics who may peek at this blog on occasion--because it's families like mine who are the future of the Church, whether you like us or not!

Congratulations to Waltzing Matilda and my dear brother! We can't wait to meet your newest little one!


Alisha De Freitas said...

Congrats! I just posted on my blog yesterday that I'm expecting, too. I also just found out one of my co-workers is due two days after me and we're going to deliver at the same hospital. :-)

I'm glad for Waltzing Matilda that after the loss, she now has much to rejoice for.

Red Cardigan said...

Alisha, congratulations to you, too! :) Prayers for a safe and happy pregnancy!

Archaeology cat said...


Deirdre Mundy said...

Well..... you may have MORE minions than I do, Erin-Charlotte conglomerate, but I assure you, mine are VERY HIGH QUALITY MIN... Get that out of your nose! And what are you smearing all over your brother? The stapler is NOT A WEAPON.....errr... well... you may have more....and they may be higher quality..... but MY MINIONS have that special psychopathic edge! Yeah! That's it! :)

I'm so excited for you guys-- family gatherings will be even more fun! :)

LarryD said...

Congrats, Red! When you and your family take over the world, please remember this humble blogger Michigan blogger and treat him mercifully...

Red Cardigan said...

Deirdre, Larry--I'll start taking minion applications soon. Why should Mark Shea have all the fun?


L. said...


This not inspired not "a little holy terror" into this "womynpriest, contracepting, pro-abortion, anti-Rome Catholic" heart, but actual gladnesses for what is clearly a blessing for someone else.

"Holy terror" is only inspired by the idea of ME having more children, not others who want them and love them. ;)

And I'm also going to use this chance to say I am not going to be commenting here for a while, since I just had a bad experience on another blog that hurt me very much.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I'm very happy for all of you, without a trace of sarcasm. You seem though to be saying that about one third of each generation can be counted on to stay REAL Catholics.

I too can toss Latin around, in the nature of illegitimi non carborundum and and sic biskit disintegrat.

Those who are terrified should pray that seven of the twenty-one grand children become priests, because that will sharply reduce the increase. Sending younger sons into the priesthood used to be a measure that slowed overpopulation and avoided too fine a division of property among heirs.

melanie said...

It gives me hope for the future of the church! Congratulations to your family!

Sidebar- I am sorry someone hurt you L. The Internet world is a big weird strange place. Even though we disagree on things I can often relate to where you are coming from. I see things differently, but I understand your points. Blessiings.

Red Cardigan said...

I, too, am sorry, L. It's easy to forget that there is a person on the other side of the words on a screen--and that's true no matter what "side" of an argument you may be on.


Hector said...

Re: And I'm also going to use this chance to say I am not going to be commenting here for a while, since I just had a bad experience on another blog that hurt me very much.


I'm sorry to hear that. You're welcome to comment anytime at the multi-author blog I write for, I think your thoughts would be appreciated!

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I have to say Hector, you ought to give her some kind of fair warning or disclaimer. Alexandria is run by a mysterious narcissistic megalomaniac, who when he's not preening over the intellectual prowess of his little menagerie, might expel her in a frothing splutter of indignation if she happens to say the wrong thing about his august personage. Then she might feel hurt again. Fair warning L. Red runs one of the fairest and most open blogs around. She says exactly what she believes, and tolerates any reasonably courteous counter-point.

(Hector, if you think I'm being unfair, you know where to find me, without playing out a side issue in Erin's living room).