Thursday, September 1, 2011

Interrupting the blog break for a prayer request

...no, not for me, this time. I'm slowly recovering, though I've decided I don't need doctors; I need a recording that says, "You have a virus. Go get some rest." (Apparently, viral bronchitis just...goes away when it wants to. Which mine doesn't, yet. Insert minor "grrr" here.)

But that doesn't matter! The person I want you to pray for today is my awesome sister-in-law, who is in the hospital getting ready to have baby #5, a sweet baby girl I can't wait to meet. The reason my s-i-l is in the hospital today, though, is that her blood pressure is acting up and causing some scary symptoms, so I ask everyone to pray that her induced delivery will proceed smoothly and baby will arrive with all due speed!

A saint of today is St. Anna the Prophetess, who greeted the infant Jesus and His mother in the Temple; I ask her prayers for my sister-in-law and the baby we are all most anxious to see arrive safely!

Thanks in advance, and God bless!

UPDATE FRIDAY, SEPT 2: My newest little niece was born via C-section early this morning! Mother and baby are doing fine, and all is well! Thank you for your prayers!!! :)

8 comments:

Alisha De Freitas said...

I just said a prayer... for you both! :-)

Red Cardigan said...

Thank you, Alisha! :)

Red Cardigan said...

Oh, and off-topic: may I share your brother's post with Mark Shea as a prayer request for your family?

Jacque said...

Prayes said for them and for you.

Melanie B said...

Thanks be to God. Tell Charlotte that we've been praying and will continue to pray for her smooth recovery. I know how hard it can be to spring back from a c-section.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Babies are precious. Glad to hear all are well. You are right about viral bronchitis -- if it were bacterial they could give you an antibiotic, which is good, because before antibiotics, the bacterial infections were more often fatal, but if its viral, you just have to get plenty of rest and drink fluids. Sleep works really well for me, if I can stop coughing long enough to get any.

Elizabeth said...

Mazel tov about your new niece and your sil's successful delivery. We're lucky to live in an era when there is more understanding of how to manage problems in labor.

elizabeth

Alisha De Freitas said...

@Red, yes, please do! I really appreciate it!