Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blogging will probably not be light

Happy All Saint's Day!

Happy first day of National Novel Writing Month 2011! My friend Larry D has more about that, if you're interested.

I wrote the first draft of the book I'm hoping to self-publish back in 2006. Last year I wrote most of the sequel, which I just finished Sunday night (well, technically it was Monday morning, but who cares?), and this year I'm starting on the third book of the series.

In between 2006 and last year, I wrote drafts of three other children's/young adult sci-fi or fantasy novels, only one of which may eventually see the light of day (well, maybe the other two will, too, someday, but they both need work).

Blogging may be light for the next few days. Or it may not; the first time I ever substitute-hosted for Rod Dreher back at his old Crunchy Cons blog I was also writing this blog and writing my second Nanowrimo novel--so this should be comparatively easy, right? :)

3 comments:

LarryD said...

Good luck, Red. If you go to my Nano page, you can read the first 23 words of my 2011 entry.

Red Cardigan said...

Good luck to you, too, Larry! :)

Barbara C. said...

I'm trying Nano this year, too. I'm trying really hard to make sure I get my "work" done before I work on my story each day and not get impatient with the kids for being kids and interrupting. I'm praying that I didn't bite off more than I can chew.