Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Blog Break

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all of my readers a most happy Thanksgiving! I have blogged through Thanksgiving week before, but let's face it: hardly anyone is sitting around reading blogs right now, and that's a good thing.

As always when I say I'm taking a break, there's no guarantee that a post or so won't pop up. :) But my intention is to resume blogging on the Monday after Thanksgiving, when all you Cyber Monday shoppers will be out there anyway.

I was reading a piece on Thanksgiving horror stories the other day; the piece itself is kind of dull, but some of the stories in the comments were hilarious (of course, this being Yahoo, some of them were also obscene and some were--better left unmentioned). Here are two of my favorites, bad grammar, spelling and all, from the comment section:
Have you ever set something on top of the car, then drive off...then when you get where your going and reach for it ...you know you messed up...left it on top of car and drove off..well....I've lost a lot of phones that way in the past...but only one fully cooked turkey..
My friends deep fried a turkey. They removed the turkey and brought it inside to check if it was cooked through. It was! So they carved it and started eating dinner. The fryer never got turned off. The front porch went up in flames and because they were hunters, guns and ammunition started to blow up! Fortunately, everyone got our unharmed...except the house itself and all their belongings. NOT a good way to enjoy the holiday...nevermind having to make the call to the landlord!
If you want to share a Thanksgiving horror story of your own, the comment box is open and available!


Siarlys Jenkins said...

People who live in rented houses should not deep fry turkeys on the front porch.

Happy Thanksgiving Erin, and many thanks for a year or more of fascinating conversations.

Red Cardigan said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Siarlys--and thank you!

Anonymous said...

Have a swell time with folks recounting blessings to be thankful!

Turmarion said...

A wonderful and happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Erin--all of us are certainly thankful for your blog! ;)

Red Cardigan said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Turmarion! I'm exceedingly thankful for all of my readers! :)

LarryD said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Erin. I'm not sure I'll have time to enjoy any turkey, seeing as how I still have more than 50% of my novel left for NaNoWriMo. :-(