Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, Bookgirl!

Today our beloved Bookgirl turns 15! I can't believe it--they're all growing up so fast!

Bookgirl is, as her name suggests, a lover of books and reading. She's also a very talented artist who loves to draw and create art! She shares her talents with us all, and even made each of us a drawing to celebrate her birthday today.

As I have for the past few years now, I will turn this blog post over to Bookgirl herself:

Hi! Bookgirl here. Wow, I can't believe I'm turning 15! It seems like the past year has just gone by so fast. As has been said, I love to read. I'm always on the lookout for anything new and interesting in books. I especially enjoy fantasy, which I often incorporate into my own art.
I am also a big fan of the Japanese Manga styles, w
hich is what I base most of my drawings on.

As I am a bit shy still about writing on the blog, th
is post will be short. But I will add two of my own sketches to the post. I am steadily improving and hope to continue to do so in the next year.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful drawings! You are talented. Happy Birthday!

~Christine

David said...

Happy birthday, Bookgirl! You have excellent drawings, much better than I could attempt at least :)

Charlotte (Waltzing Matilda) said...

Happy Birthday from your cousins! They really enjoyed seeing more of your artwork.

Geoff G. said...

Happy birthday! I've always viewed artists like yourself as having some kind of magical superpower I could never wrap my head around, so I'm quite envious of your talent.

Mind if I ask if you have any favorite artists whose work you really admire?

Alisha De Freitas said...

Happy Birthday, Bookgirl! I love reading, too! And drawing! My love of both was borne out of sheer nerdiness while I was in elementary school. Now, at nearly 30, I am also still very much a reader, (wannabe) artist, and (total) nerd.

Anyway, may God bless you. I hope you have an awesome and inspiring year! :-)

Rebecca in ID said...

I love your art, Bookgirl! I'm going to show it to my almost-12-year-old, who also loves to draw. Happy birthday!

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I've been trying to think of something original to say, but words fail me. Happy birthday. Have you ever considered drawing chess pieces?