Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Very small prayer request

Sorry for not blogging today--my Monday migraine has turned into a (so far) two-day battle. Ugh.

Luckily for me, these are rare. Most of my migraines are manageable and respond well to simple remedies, but once every couple of years I'll get one like this. They're usually linked to sinus stuff and considering that we've had some high pollen counts lately I'm sure that's what's going on here.

If you feel so inclined, could you send a little prayer my way? I hope to be functioning again tomorrow, good Lord willing.

Thanks!

8 comments:

L. said...

Sure -- unless God doesn't like me and my prayers would bias Him against my petition, in which case I would hold my tongue.
Hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Praying.

LarryD said...

Erin - the "Praying" comment was mine - when clicking the publish button, I inadvertantly clicked the 'anonymous' button first.

I don't like Blogger's new commenting format.

Red Cardigan said...

I don't like it either, Larry! :)

Thanks to both of you for your prayers; I'm doing better today, and hope to blog later.

EMS said...

I used to have really bad migraines several times a month, until I hit menopause. I still have sinus migraines occasionally, but far less frequently. You might ask your doctor about Maxalt. I would take 4 ibuprofen every 3 hours when I had the bad ones, and they didn't do a thing. Ten years ago, my doctor prescribed Maxalt, and to my utter surprise, one 10mg Maxalt would actually kill them within an hour or so. It would make me drowsy, but no other nasty side effects. And I love your blog. :-)

Red Cardigan said...

Thanks, EMS! :)

Rebecca in ID said...

Prayers, Red. I get them too, sometimes for 2 or 3 days. Like EMS mine weren't touched by ibuprofen, but Excedrin helped. For some reason esp. Excedrin pm, maybe because it has a little codeine and I can sleep. I also just read a thing that says the supplement CoQ10 has been shown to be pretty effective in quelling migraines, so I'm looking into getting some of that.

Red Cardigan said...

Thanks, Rebecca! :)