Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy Feast of Corpus Christi!

Well, for us Ordinary Form Mass attendees, that is; I know you Extraordinary Form Mass attendees already had Corpus Christi earlier this week.

But I just wanted to wish all my Catholic readers a joyous feast, since the Eucharist is the source and summit of our Christian life.

I had the privilege of singing Cesar Franck's version of this piece solo for the first time at Mass today. I really enjoyed doing it--it's a piece I've always wanted to sing at Mass. And the violin and piano accompaniment were so gorgeous I had to remind myself to start singing the second part instead of just listening to all the lovely music! :)

1 comment:

Kirt Higdon said...

This is the big one for us Corpus Christian Texans; we live in the only diocese in the world named after the Body of Christ!