Tuesday, September 4, 2012

At long, long last...

...I am both ecstatically happy and utterly terrified to announce that my first children's science-fiction book, The Telmaj, is now available.

Click here to order a printed copy.

Click here to order a Kindle copy.

When I started the Tales of Telmaja blog back in July of 2011, I thought that the process of getting my first Tales of Telmaja manuscript ready to self-publish and completing the publishing process would be quick and easy. Like most worthwhile endeavors, this one turned out to be harder than I thought it would be--but at the same time, most of the difficulty came in learning how to prepare a book for publication and then carry through all the steps needed to get from manuscript to finished book available for sale. Now that I know what to expect, I really do think that I can have Book Two ready much faster--I'm shooting, right now, for a mid-November release date, and it should be possible to achieve that goal.

What I've learned, most of all, is that if you are a first-time writer in a niche market--and children's science fiction counts as a niche--there is no good reason not to try this. Well, unless you're a celebrity who has committed a sensational crime and been acquitted via a spectacular televised trial, in which case first-tier publishers will beat paths to your door (but nobody should think of that as a preferable alternative to self-publishing).

To those of you who will buy this book for yourselves or for children ages 8-12, THANK YOU! I hope you will love Smijj and his adventures as much as I do, and I hope to hear from you (my email address is in the blog sidebar).

:)

(Cross-posted at Tales of Telmaja)

6 comments:

Alisha De Freitas said...

Congratulations! I'm going to check it out! Sounds like great gifts for my nephews!

Red Cardigan said...

Thanks, Alisha! :)

LarryD said...

Congratulations, Erin! I'm very excited and proud of you!

Red Cardigan said...

Oh, thanks, Larry! :)

Rebecca in ID said...

Yay! What an accomplishment. I will order a print copy for my 12-year-old! She's always clamoring for more books and esp. likes good fantasy...which is a rare thing...

Red Cardigan said...

Oh, thank you, Rebecca! :)