Thursday, November 8, 2012

And now Washington...

From news reports I'm seeing, it looks like Washington State has become the next state to declare that all Catholics are bigots by imposing the ridiculous legal fiction known as gay "marriage" on the people of Washington.

Frankly, I'm not surprised.  I lived in Washington State.  I attended what was at that time the worst, most heretical, most rabidly feminist, most pro-contraception and abortion, least Catholic school in the nation there.  It was while I was at that school, in fact, that my parents came to their senses and realized that the mission of all diocesan Catholic schools in America is to turn all of their students into ex-Catholics and lifelong Democrats, a mission in which they are still, apparently, succeeding wildly.

And because I lived in Washington State, I can also say that the Seattle area is the most hateful place I've ever lived--if you're a child out with your relatively large family, that is.  From being screamed at as "breeders" to lectured about overpopulation to being told we were ruining the planet, my parents put up with a lot from the anti-family forces that thrive in and around Seattle.

Maybe it's changed since then.  I don't know.  I'd have to ask Mark Shea.  But if it's even remotely like it used to be, the question isn't why Washington State approved gay "marriage," but why they didn't take steps to ban what they consider "breeder marriage" while they were at it, and require all couples to get parenting licenses before they could have the state government approve their request to have exactly one child.

Again, no comments on these posts.  Send me an email if your blistering hate is too strong to keep to yourself (emails agreeing with me are also always welcome, and have been lifting my spirits today).