Thursday, November 29, 2012

Just popping in...

...to say, "Whew!"

I wasn't sure I'd make it this year.  Of course, Book Four in the Tales of Telmaja series isn't exactly finished at 50,000 words, so I've got my work cut out for me through December.

Oh, and later on today or by tomorrow at the latest, I expect to share (look for the update to this post!) word of my youngest daughter's successful 50,000-word run.  Hatchick has participated in the two summer "Camp Nanowrimo" sessions AND this one, and when she validates her novel sometime in the next two days, she will have written a grand total of 150,000 words in Nanowrimo events this year alone.

And she's only 14, and could have set her word count goal lower than 50K.  But she's awesome. :)

UPDATE: She did it!  53,000 words and counting by validation time.  More than 150,000 total on three different books this year for Hatchick!

3 comments:

Diamantina da Brescia, aka Gentillylace said...

Congratulations, Erin! I managed to validate my novel at 50,261 words at a write-in at around 6:30 PM Pacific Time on Friday, November 30. I still have another 1000-2000 words to complete in my first draft, but I am sooo relieved!

How did your daughter do? I hope that she won :-)

LarryD said...

Congratulations, Erin!

I got my novel validated at 11:48 PM EST with 50,218 words. Next year, I'll have to start sooner than Nov 9!

Red Cardigan said...

Congratulations, Diamantina and Larry!!

Yes, "Hatchick" won with over 52,000 words! She's really amazing at this! :)

(Thanks for reminding me to update my post to share that with everyone!)