Monday, December 10, 2012

We interrupt your Advent panic...

Yes, it is true that there are only fifteen days (and counting) until Christmas.

If you are a procrastinator like me, that thought might make you panic.

Therefore, as a public service to ease your stress today, I offer this gratuitously cute cat picture (taken by Hatchick) of our auxiliary back-up cat, Smidge:


(And if you're wondering, I did name him after the main character in my book--we just changed the spelling of his name.  It turned out to be a good choice for him, given that just like the Telmaj Smijj, our Smidge seems to have the power to disappear!)

We now return you to your Advent activities. :)

6 comments:

Diamantina da Brescia, aka Gentillylace said...

What a darling cat Smidge is -- and what a (seemingly) pensive expression! I don't think cute cat pictures in blogs are gratuitous :-)

Red Cardigan said...

Oh, he's definitely cute, Diamantina! :) I think the pensive look is probably plotting. As in, how quickly he can get to the fridge to steal the lunch meat chicken when somebody's getting something else out...

;)

Rebecca in ID said...

Speaking of Smidj...my kids are getting pretty anxious about the next installment of the Telmaj...website says it's due to come out Nov. 30? Any updated info?

Red Cardigan said...

Oh, Rebecca, thanks for pointing that out! I was way, way too optimistic about how quickly I could get book 2 out while writing book 4 and gearing up for Christmas. ;) I am hoping to have book 2 out in early 2013. I apologize profusely for the delay; please tell your girls for me that I'm really sorry I forgot to change that info on the book blog!

Rebecca in ID said...

Sigh, that was going to be their one Christmas present but I guess we can wait. Just kidding. :) They will be happy to have an update!

Red Cardigan said...

Rebecca, LOL! :) I really did hope to have it out by Christmas. I forgot that between Nanowrimo in November and Christmas choir practices I'd be lucky to get my manuscript ready to send out to my advance team of readers. I'm *almost* ready for that...