Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy birthday, Bookgirl!

Today we are celebrating the sweet 16th birthday of our second daughter, affectionately known as Bookgirl on this blog!  Her love of books and reading has continued to be a huge part of her life, but she's also a talented artist and a good student.  This year she has discovered that she loves to bake, and her kitchen artistry is much appreciated by us all!

And now--it's her turn!  Happy birthday, sweet girl, and have fun writing your post! :)

Hello!  In past years I have not written much on here, and though I'm still a little shy about writing I'd like to share some things this year, it being my sweet 16 and all.   As my mom has already said, I love to read, and am always interested in finding new and interesting books that I can enjoy.  My personal favorites are fantasy novels, but I have read and enjoyed many different types of books over the years.  I love to bake these days, and always enjoy trying new recipes.  So far I have baked mostly dessert items, cakes and cookies and such, but I have also made things like muffins, homemade buns, and even once tried making Irish soda bread.  I think the best recipe that I found and tried so far is a recipe for ginger cookies, very good in the cold weather!

My artwork continues to improve ( I think :) )  and I am looking forward to studying in college to further improve my skills someday.   I am working on writing and drawing a graphic novel with another artistic friend of mine, which we hope to finish and publish someday.   I have found over time that I enjoy writing stories a great deal, and though I have yet to finish a book I would like to do so at some point.

As always, I would like to share one of my recent drawings with you:



 

5 comments:

freddy said...

Many happy returns of the day! God bless and keep you always!

Tarcisius said...

Happy birthday, bookgirl!

L. said...

Happy b-day to her, and happy 16th anniversary of her birth to your whole family!
(My own daughter turns 16 on Thursday.)

Red Cardigan said...

Happy birthday to your daughter, too, L.! :)

L. said...

Thanks! Where do the years go...