Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Holy Week blog break

Well, I'm taking my Holy Week blog break a little early this year (though I think at least once I took the whole week off, or at least intended to until Breaking News happened).  Alas, I seem to have acquired a bladder infection--which would normally make me write a rant post, but instead, I want to tell you some things I'm grateful for.  I am grateful for:

--my doctor, a good Catholic family man who responded to me quickly on a busy Saturday after I called to tell him my over-the-counter UTI test strip was giving me a positive result; a few words of conversation about what happened last time was all it took for him to call in a prescription and not even bother to try the short-course antibiotic this time, as it didn't do much last time.

--my pastor, who replied to my email during the busiest week of the year to confirm that since I'll still be taking the antibiotic on Good Friday I don't have to fast if I can't.  Which was really reassuring, because I didn't know how well fasting while on an antibiotic would work out.

--my husband, who has been telling me to rest, and who pretty much ordered me to stay off my feet today after I was up most of the night last night with this stupid thing.  Because he knows me so well.

--my daughters, who have taken over everything.  Cooking, cleaning, laundry, and even helping Dad do the pre-Easter grocery shopping.  If I told you how awesome they are you wouldn't even believe me. :)

--my mother-in-law, who despite dealing with serious back pain and an upcoming surgery for a hernia offered to host Easter dinner at her house instead.  But I should be fine (hopefully) by Sunday, and I have such terrific helpers!

--and Larry D.'s prayers, 'cause I did make it to Mass on Sunday.  Skipped the three hour Easter choir practice Sunday afternoon and sent my family, but I did get to be there for Mass.  Which was great.

And of course, I'm grateful for all of you, and I wish you all a blessed Holy Week and a joyous and happy Easter!  See you next week!

4 comments:

freddy said...

God bless you! Sending prayers for a speedy and full recovery!

Red Cardigan said...

Thanks, Freddy! :)

LarryD said...

Hope you feel better soon. Glad I was able to participate in your victory!

God bless!

vera said...

Drink cranberry juice! It will knock it right out...

Good healing...