Saturday, November 30, 2013

Another NaNoWriMo adventure

Although I passed the 50,000 word mark late yesterday, I decided to write just a bit more today before verifying my total and ending this year's NaNoWriMo adventure.

The final official (validated) word count: 52,093.

I have now completed at least 50,000 words of a manuscript in NaNoWriMo each November for the past eight years.  Of the three books which do not deal with the Telmaj, I plan to self-publish one for sure--but the other two would probably need major work and probably aren't worth it.

Just for fun, here's some info about the book I wrote this year:

As I said before, I spent this November writing book five of the Tales of Telmaja series; the first book, The Telmaj, is available, and the second book, A Smijj of Adventure, should be available very, very soon (in fact, I hope to have good news about that any day now).

Book Five is about 75% finished at this point.  I am midway through chapter nine of what will likely be a fifteen chapter book; I am on page 176 of what will probably end up at around 285-300 pages total.  I expect the final word count to be around 70,000 words, give or take.

My goal is to complete this manuscript by the end of this year so that I won't have to do what I did this year (which was: spend October finishing book four and then dive straight into book five in November--that was really insane).

I think I'm becoming addicted to writing children's fiction.  It's a good thing. 

:)

2 comments:

Barbara C. said...

Do you have a set limit on how many Telmaj books you plan to write or will it be open ended??

Red Cardigan said...

Barbara, I think the series will require somewhere around 8 to 10 total books. I could be wrong--the characters will let me know. :)