Friday, December 13, 2013

Working and waiting

Those of you waiting for A Smijj of Adventure--we're almost there.  I'm still hoping to get this out in time for last-minute Christmas ordering, but some parts of the process are out of my control, as I'm sure you can guess.

If anyone has a child on his or her shopping list who really wants this book for Christmas and you'd rather buy an Amazon gift card or certificate now than wait with me for Create Space to finish up the process, I can tell you that the book's list price should be $13.49, if that will help with a gift card purchase!  I'm sure Amazon will offer discounts on that price at some point, but again, I don't control that part of the process.  (And in case anybody wants to know why this list price is slightly higher than the list price of The Telmaj, it's because Create Space's pricing formula depends on the number of pages in the finished book; The Telmaj had 258 pages of story, while A Smijj of Adventure has 285.  Most of the later books in the series are between there and 300 pages, so fans of longer stories should take heart!)

Many thanks to those of you who have been waiting so patiently for this book to come out.  As always, the edit and review process takes me so much longer than I ever think it will, especially since I'm still a homeschooling mom with lots on my plate.  So your enthusiasm for more Tales of Telmaja books and stories and your kind emails have meant a lot to me, and I appreciate all of my readers so, so much!

I'm going to start working on the edits of book three in the series soon, and my goal this time is to have it available well before December, if all goes well.