Thursday, April 3, 2014

Dear Firefox: You're Fired

The drooling idiots at Mozilla have decided that CEO Brenden Eich's numerous apologies for having ever thought that keeping marriage defined as the union of one man and one woman was a good idea have simply not been enough.  Eich is out; let the idiocrats, moronophiles and sodomy-sycophants at Mozilla begin their period of public celebration.

Meanwhile, those of us whose religion teaches us that marriage is the union of one man and one woman and that "unions" composed of two men or two women are called "public sin" should probably consider using a different browser.  Sure, Mozilla hasn't hung a sign at corporate headquarters saying "Catholics Need Not Apply," but that's probably just because the sign hasn't finished printing yet.  I'll be dumping Firefox(tm) later tonight for a different browser.

I doubt anyone at Mozilla will read the following letter, but I'm writing it anyway:

Dear Firefox:

You're fired.

I hate to do this to you when you've been my browser of choice for the last six or seven years now, but you've left me with no alternative.  Your parent company, Mozilla, has made it clear that people who believe, as I do, that marriage is between a man and a woman, a husband and a wife, a bride and a groom are not welcome to work for Mozilla.  Not even if they are CEO.

This is, apparently, called "tolerance" and "diversity."  You have demonstrated that your brand of "tolerance" means excluding Catholics like me and serious Christians, Jews, and Muslims who share similar ideas about the meaning of marriage from your company.  You have illustrated that what you call "diversity" means ensuring that all of your employes either accept the redefinition of marriage or keep their heads down and their mouths shut about what they do believe.  Such an intolerant "tolerance" and lockstep "diversity" are rarely seen outside of totalitarian entities.

I will miss my Firefox(tm) browser, but honestly, why would I use the product of a company that apparently thinks people like me aren't worthy of employment at that company (or, perhaps, any other)?


Erin Manning


Pater Ignotus said...

Prior to our religious teaching, nature teaches that marriage is between one man and one woman.

Red Cardigan said...

Oh, definitely, Pater. But in this environment, when people have no understanding of nature or of natural law, we may have to fight back by pointing out that their side is guilty of anti-religious bigotry.

LarryD said...

So what browser will you be using now?

stitchinrose said...

I agree with you, but what browser will you use?

Elizabeth said...

Chrome works great. Don't know what you think of Google's policies, though.

Red Cardigan said...

I'm using Opera at the moment. We'll see how it goes, but so far I like it.

And yes, I know that no company has perfect policies. But since the other companies are not, as yet, going on witch hunts to purge pro-traditional marriage supporters from their employment rolls, there's still a difference to me!

Clayton Hennesey said...

You might actually prefer this,

identical but totally diferent.